Random Fashion Coolness.

Random Fashion Coolness has moved! This blog can now be found at RandomFashionCoolness.com, so make sure you update your bookmarks. See you there!

Saturday 24 March 2007

Summer Neons and Brights - Thank goodness for Marc Jacobs

The new trend for summer neons and day-glo colours has been worrying me slightly, simply because the last time I saw this trend worn on mass was in the form of the dreaded "shell suit" and "cycling short". Those of you who grew up in the 80s and were teenagers through the early 90s rave scene will be equally worried, I'm sure. So I was really glad to see this picture montage (above) in Nylon magazine's on-line e-zine - showcasing some of the spectrum of colours on offer. Summer brights now seem far less daunting, especially this more folk, floaty version from Marc by Marc Jacobs, available from Net-a-Porter. I'm seriously considering buying this dress as it has all the key factors I like; balloon sleeves, pockets and with the added bonus, vibrant colour (all be it a little more subdued). The main added bonus is the price, £145. My one reservation, what material is it? It says "gauze"...gauze? My gran calls that crimpeline - some of you may know what that is...and I can assure you, crimpeline isn't good!

No comments: