Random Fashion Coolness.

Random Fashion Coolness has moved! This blog can now be found at RandomFashionCoolness.com, so make sure you update your bookmarks. See you there!

Tuesday 25 September 2007

100% Design - Takumi's brand of kitsch.


There were lots of innovative fashion finds at the Earl's Court show - one of my favourites were the hairglasses by Takumi (Headbands in the shape of sunglasses). The reason behind this choice, a personal quibble. I am not a fan of sunglasses as a headband and I cannot fully explain why. I often see people struggling to focus in the bright light, while wearing their sunglasses as a hair restraint OR the opposite, winter gloom with sunglasses on head. It's irrational, I know but inexplicably annoying. I think it stems from some stern, over-repeated advice from my childhood optician..."never wear your glasses/sunglasses upon head as it will loosen them, gradually damaging the arms." He said he'd be able to tell if I'd been misusing my eye-wear and would refuse to fix it! So here comes Takumi's design - sunglasses that are not sunglasses but hairglasses. A £10 piece of genius and a solution to my irritation.

No comments: